Saturday, April 16, 2011

Xie Laoban's Dan Dan noodles

I've been making Xie Laoban's Dan Dan noodles a lot lately. It's from Fuchsia Dunlop's book "Shark's Fin And Sichuan Pepper". I use beef stew meat, minced with a cleaver, and peanut oil for frying the meat, peppers, and preserved vegetable. I ground and roasted a small amount of Sichuan pepper from my stash (I have in my cupboard a whole quart mason jar full of unground Sichuan pepper). Here are pictures of some of the ingredients and the finished dish.

Koon Chun Double Black soy sauce, chili oil, and Kikkoman soy sauce:


















Small dried red peppers:


















Sesame paste (not tahini):


















Tianjin preserved vegetable:














Finished dish before stirring:














...and after stirring:

It tastes a lot better than it looks. It's a good hangover cure, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home