Monday, August 20, 2007

Bookworm's delight

I'm not doing any of my own art right now (I'm disgruntled at how crappy my paintings look compared to the original doodles), so here's some stuff I found while groping through junk stores.

Ruthven Todd is an author associated with the surrealists. You'll believe it after you read SPACE CAT VISITS VENUS. You won't want to miss the details of how Flyball the cat claws a bizarre alien meat-eating plant to death.




















I haven't cracked "JEEPS: A DOG FOR DEFENSE" yet, but it's only a matter of time. Get a load of the expression on Jeeps' face as he tackles some authentic Japanese cuisine, somewhere in the South Pacific.




















I guess RHUBARB THE MILLIONAIRE CAT was a hit TV show or something in the early 50s. I was struck by the debauched look on Rhubarb's face, and by his hideous untrimmed claws. Could a painting like this be accomplished today? I doubt it.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home